This trio of pumpkin recipes is perfect for all of your autumnal festivities: a simple pumpkin cocktail, irresistibly innocent pumpkin fries, and pumpkin stuffed mushrooms. They’re plant-based, dairy-free, gluten-free, and 100% delicious!
Pumpkin Spice Old Fashioned
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice juice (get it in our Fall Flavors Variety Pack or Pumpkin Pack)
- 2 dashes bitters
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Garnish: cinnamon stick
Makes 1 serving
- In a lowball glass, add Pumpkin Spice juice, bitters, bourbon and ice. Stir until well combined.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and enjoy!
- 1 small sugar pumpkin aka pie pumpkin
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Remove the skin then cut your pumpkin into strips between a half-inch or less in width.
- Soak your pumpkin strips in a bowl of water for a minimum of 20-30 minutes. This is the key to making your fries crispy. The longer you soak them the better- feel free to soak them overnight. Then drain and dry them thoroughly. Be sure that they are completely dry.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the fries in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to evenly distribute. Sprinkle on garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper and stir to evenly coat. Another option is to add your oil, seasonings, and fries to a plastic bag, close and shake until fries are evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread fries out evenly in a single layer, leaving space between them, then sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, turning fries over about halfway through. Then remove from oven and serve!
Pumpkin Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 oz medium-sized white mushrooms
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin (Get the recipe for simple roasted pumpkin here!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley
Ingredients for the cashew cream drizzle:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove the stems. Do not rinse them - they will soak up the water and get soggy. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange mushrooms on it with the cap side down.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted pumpkin, walnuts or pecans, shallots, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Using a large spoon, fill each mushroom with the mixture. Drizzle with olive oil, coating the tops evenly.
- Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the tops are golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- To make the cashew cream: In a blender or food processor, combine cashews, water, salt, pepper, and lemon until smooth and creamy.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven. Drizzle with cashew cream, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and serve!