‘Tis the season for holiday get-togethers with family and friends. And with those family and friends comes lots of food…most of it being unhealthy.
Most people use holidays as an excuse to slack off. I used to be like most people until I realized that it takes the average person up to six months to lose all of their holiday weight . Trust me when I say that no cookie or pie is worth six months of your time.
Eat Foods You Love While Losing Weight: Here’s How
Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite comfort foods. It just means you have to unlearn everything you know about preparing meals. Here are some tips when it comes to cooking with a new mindset:
- Source quality ingredients - When possible, source organic ingredients. If using oat flour or gluten-free grain products, organic is always best. This means fewer herbicides and pesticides are used during harvest, which impacts quality.
- Read labels - Simple ingredients are key here. If the ingredients sound like they belong in a lab, they probably don’t belong in your body.
- Avoid the following - These are commonly found in many baking products and should be avoided: refined added sugars, refined seed oils, hydrogenated oils, enriched flours, added colors, preservatives, natural flavors, and gums.
Meal prepping for my clients was a huge part of my job as a Holistic Nutritionist.
I have 20 years of experience reworking the recipes you know and love, like cookies, for example, to be healthier and supportive for anyone on a weight loss journey.
This No-Guilt Chocolate Chip cookie recipe is about as healthy as it can be, so you can enjoy them without guilt, knowing that they will help support your weight loss goals.
I know what you’re thinking, “How can I eat cookies and lose weight?”
The secret is not in the sauce… But it is in the sourcing. When you source quality ingredients in your cooking or baking, you can turn any recipe into a healthy one… Yes, even cookies.
No-Guilt Chocolate Chips
(recipe adapted from Caroline Deisler) 
As the holidays approach, it’s a good idea to have some healthy recipe swaps in your arsenal - ones that taste great and help ward off those temptations that seem never-ending this time of year.
- 2 TB smooth almond butter
- ⅔ c. oat flour (you can buy or make yourself in the blender)
- ⅓ c. coconut sugar
- 2 TB clean almond milk (we like the brands Elmhurst, Three Trees, or Malk)
- ½ c. vegan chocolate chips
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a bowl and stir well. If the mixture is too dry, add 1 additional TB of almond milk. Once well mixed, stir in the chocolate chips
- Place the cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool, and then enjoy!
Enjoy these No-Guilt Chocolate Chips, and just remember - If you follow the Stay Skinny Method™ guidelines, you can literally eat them every day and STILL lose weight.
You’ll find 38 other simple and delicious weight loss recipes just like this one when you try the Stay Skinny Method™.
Don’t Deprive Yourself This Season
Deprivation never works and is unsustainable long-term.
Losing weight is not about deprivation. It’s about fueling your body with plenty of the right calories, including healthy carbohydrates and healthy sugar, both of which can be found in this cookie recipe.
The Stay Skinny Method™ is a program that I developed to help you healthily lose 2-3 pounds every week.* With this method, you are combining juices and smoothies that we provide with your own clean snacks and meals that follow my proven clean-eating guidelines.
It’s extremely simple to follow, easy to implement, and designed to work with even the busiest schedule… especially during the holiday hustle and bustle.
No more cravings, no more bloating, no more starving yourself…and NO MORE struggling with weight loss when you follow the Stay Skinny Method™.
Experience Guilt-Free Holidays
Reaching your goals isn't about sacrifice; it's about making healthier choices.
I designed the Stay Skinny Method™ with the same outlook in mind. Creating familiar flavors while emphasizing quality ingredients and mindful eating.
Cookies & Cream, Peanut Butter Cup, and Clementine Creamsicle are some of the most beloved familiar flavors that embody health and support on your weight loss journey while giving you a taste of some of your favorite not-so-healthy flavors.
Savor the sweetness without compromise. The Stay Skinny Method™ recipes prove that losing weight can be simple, enjoyable, and sustainable. So, indulge in those cookies and embrace a healthier you… no deprivation required.
Plus, a little elf told me that these cookies were even approved by Santa himself…