Maintaining a consistent diet of alkalizing foods is critical to maintaining weight loss. But how do you incorporate the right foods into your diet on a long-term, consistent basis without totally overhauling your life?
- Dark, leafy greens like kale, spinach, and collards are the absolute best thing in the world for promoting alkalinity in your body. Regardless of what you're doing to lose weight and get healthy, if you do not eat greens every day, you're going to struggle more than you have to.
If eating one or more servings of greens daily sounds like torture, here are some tips for sneaking that chlorophyll into your system:
- Swap out your iceberg or romaine lettuce for chopped kale or spinach
- Use collard green leaves to make wraps instead of tortillas/pitas/bread
- Incorporate green juice into your daily routine
- Finely dice your greens and fold them into your favorite dinner entrees (like quinoa bowls, whole grain pasta and rice dishes, casseroles, or even as a healthy pizza topping)
- Make green smoothies with your favorite fruit
- All cooked foods are acidic, especially animal products. Cooked chicken, steak, fish, cheese, and dairy foods are very, very acidifying. We’re not telling you to cut those foods out completely (unless you want to), but if you're going to eat them, have something alkaline along with it.