Happy Holidays! You can maintain a healthy weight & lifestyle and still indulge in holiday traditions.
These RAW holiday treats are quick, easy, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, vegan, and plant-based. Try them this holiday season!
SKINNY HOLIDAY TREATS
- 2 cups raw dates
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans or walnuts (if you have a nut allergy, use your favorite raw seed like pumpkin or hemp)
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Put dates into a large bowl and mash them into a paste with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in pecans/walnuts until they are evenly distributed.
- Take a small handful of your mix and roll into a ball.
- Pour shredded coconut into a small dish. Roll your date ball in the coconut until it is fully coated.
- Repeat until you've used up the mixture and serve.
You can add whatever healthy ingredients you like to your date-nut mix to create different varieties (cacao nibs, dried fruit, peanut butter...)
- 2 cups raw nut milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt