Sometimes it’s hard to resist the temptation to partake in a few drinks at the end of a long day or at social functions… but drinking alcohol can totally cripple your weight loss goals.
- It slows down your metabolism
- It’s empty calories with zero nutritional value
- most mixers are loaded with sugar
- drinking increases your appetite and decreases your self-control... the perfect storm for overeating and making poor food choices
- alcohol causes depression even after you sober up. This means you’ll have less motivation to eat right and work out
If you must have a drink (or 3)...
- drink a fresh green juice before you go out
- replace sugary mixers with club soda and fresh lemon or lime
- add cold-pressed juice to your fruity cocktails instead of processed juice
- Try a gluten free vodka like Tito’s
- If you are a social butterfly, try limiting your drinking to Friday and Saturday nights
Check out THE SKINNY GIRL’S GUIDE TO UNWINDING and learn how to chill out without weight gain!