I asked my friend and raw foodie extraordinaire Lisa for the recipe for her Creamy Dill Dip. When I have ordered raw foods from her in the past I always ask for this dip.. always! I have found through lots of taste testing that it goes best with celery. Since I was craving salt like crazy, I made an executive decision to stray from the strict juice diet so that I wouldn't mentally break.
This is an important thing that I want to touch on. When you make a plan to do something like a juice cleanse, can be more of a mental challenge than a physical one and it is very possible that you will feel things that you do not anticipate. It is my belief that you must be flexible to allow for fluctuations in the way that you feel. If I were to have been rigid with myself and not allowed anything other than juice and raw fruit, it is very possible that I would've done a lot worse than a few handfuls of corn chips on day 1 and 2.
Incorporating other raw foods into your day during a juice cleanse may help you keep at it when all you want is a cheese burger, fries, and pickles.
So with that being said, here's the recipe (courtesy of Lisa at HealthierYouLLC.com)
CREAMY SALTY DILL DIP
- 1 giant bunch of dill
- 1 pint raw cashews
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- dash garlic powder
- sea salt & black pepper (a good amount)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Put all ingredients in Vitamix (sorry! you need one for this recipe), make sure to put dill on top.
- Fill with water to just below the cashews.
- Blend using the tamper.
- You will know it is done when it is consistently green and smooth.
- Chill and serve with celery (or other chopped veggie of choice)