We are creatures of habit. Developing healthy habits you execute consistently can be key to having more energy and thriving (instead of just surviving). How you start your morning usually sets the tone for how the rest of your day goes.
If you wake up and immediately look at your phone you will start your day anxious and in a rush. If you wake up feeling calm, refreshed, and clear-headed you're bound to have a much more productive day.
Everyone’s morning routine will vary, but I thought I’d give you some insight into my own morning routine, and perhaps you can pick and choose parts to create your own!HERE'S MY ROUTINE:
- brush teeth, floss, and tongue scrape
- drink water with lemon and raw apple cider vinegar (I put this by my sink the night before)
- yoga, walking, running, lifting weights, interval training (you choose!)
- more water during and after
Shower & coconut oil massage
- one of my favorite juices
- fresh fruit
Sit at Desk (with water) & Meditate
- 10 minute guided meditation (there are great apps for this)
- plan my week
- start working!
Most important is that you pick and choose the things that you think will help you get energized in the morning. You don't have to do all of this.
Also, what needs to be in place to ensure you follow through? Do you need to go to bed by a certain time the night before? Do you need to prepare your smoothie prior? Do you need to make sure your fridge is stocked? Or maybe that your gym clothes are laid out?
Hope you have a great day!