Zucchini Spaghetti is a staple recipe in my kitchen. Zucchini are alkalizing and anti-inflammatory to the body, making them a perfect addition for those struggling with conditions like arthritis, hypertension, high cholesterol, and ulcers.
Using a spiralizer allows you to get creative with your veggies. Kids love it too! Here’s a fun and favorite recipe to try…feel free to use any veggies, herbs, or toppings that you have on hand.
Zucchetti With Creamy Sundried Tomato Sauce
- 2 fairly large local zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 large local tomato (yumminess)
- Fresh chopped chives, to taste
- 8 sundried tomato halves, rehydrated in warm water
- Roughly 1 1/2 cups organic raw cashews
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dash organic garlic powder
- Fresh toppings like: rainbow bell peppers, broccoli, grape tomatoes, fresh basil, & raw pine nuts
- Spiralize zucchini using the thin spaghetti blade and set aside in a large mixing bowl. Add all fresh toppings, chives, and a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- In a high speed blender, blend sundried tomatoes, fresh tomato, cashews, extra virgin olive oil, spices, and a little water. Once mixture is smooth, pour over Zucchetti and mix until well-combined. Top with fresh herbs and enjoy!
Keep having fun in your kitchen and remember, living a healthier lifestyle is just about making the best choices you can in the moment.