Chia seeds qualify as a raw food and are an excellent source of plant-based nutrition. You can make a healthy, raw chia pudding with coconut milk. Here's a quick recipe.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons organic maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- Optional Toppings: ½ cup fresh raspberries, 2 tablespoons toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- In medium bowl, combine all the ingredients, mix well & refrigerate. In the first 30 minutes, stir every 10 minutes as it thickens. Cover & refrigerate for 3+ hours.
- Serve when the mixture reaches a custard-like consistency. Top with fresh fruit, berries, and coconut flakes.