As much as we are all the same- we all have a heart, lungs, legs, arms, and a brain- we are all different. Each of us has different likes, dislikes, lifestyles, foods we are allergic to, and different activity levels to name a few. Some people don't care about food, others are obsessed with it.
While I have done many juice cleanses, I've found that for me I do better when I incorporate at least 2 green juices per day into my diet. But I know people, and have customers, that swear by doing a periodic juice cleanse. Either way, as long as you are consuming fresh and raw juice, you are better off.
Juice cleansing may not be right for you:
- If you are new to juicing and want to try a juice cleanse it is important to start slow. Like I'd say 1 day max. Or better yet, start off by drinking a juice a day to find out if it agrees with you. Some people absolutely cannot stand the taste of celery juice (I am one of them) others cannot stand beets. It's important for you to find out what you like or don't like so when you finally do a juice cleanse it is a pleasurable experience.
- If you are very active and enjoy hard workouts, juice cleanses are probably not the right avenue for you. I would recommend using fresh juices as a supplement. Juices, especially green ones, can be a great boost to any workout, pre or post. A while back I was on the 3rd day of a juice cleanse and decided to do an hour-and-a-half hot yoga session. I couldn't even make it through to the end where you lay down. And when the class was finished, I had to sit there for an extra 10 minutes because I almost fainted. No good!
- If you are always cold (like me) a juice cleanse is probably not right for you, especially in the winter. I can do them much more successfully in the spring and summer. But when it starts to get cold, I need hot soup... everyday. Yes I continue to drink my green juices every day, but every time I've tried to do a cleanse in the fall and winter I don't make it.
- And if you start a cleanse and you cannot finish it for whatever reason... it's ok! You will still get tremendous benefits from consuming the rest of the juices, even if at a slower pace. Your cleanse experience will be different each time you do one, and that's normal.
- Incorporate green juices into your daily diet
- Drink juice until dinner and pack that meal with lots of fresh veggies and some organic protein