So how do you get your body into an alkaline, fat burning state? Here are some tips:
- EAT MORE RAW FOODS! Most cooked foods are acidic, but ALL raw fruits and vegetables are alkaline.
- Make sure your fruit and vegetables are ripe when you eat them.
- Get your leafy greens: at least one juice or meal a day! They are the most alkalizing food in the entire world!
- Eat less animal products, they are extremely acidic!
- Replace milk and dairy products with substitutes made with plant-based ingredients like coconut, hemp, and almond. Trade your butter for creamy avocado!
- If you consume an acidic food, pair it with a raw food. Add diced raw vegetables to your gluten free pasta! Have a colorful green salad with your steak!
- Replace your coffee with green tea (or energizing green juice!)
- Squeeze lemon or lime in your drinking water
- Drink less alcohol (if you are a social butterfly try limiting it to Friday and Saturday nights)
- Avoid processed foods. Read ingredient labels, if it has more than 5 ingredients don’t eat it.
- The devil is in the details! Substitute almond butter for peanut butter, sweet potatoes for potatoes, liquid aminos for soy sauce, Himalayan salt for white table salt, stevia for sugar
Top 7 Most Alkaline Foods:
- Bell pepper