If you want to lose weight, have more energy, improve your mental clarity, and have good health, you really have no choice but to eat leafy green vegetables in abundance.
I mean, no pressure.
Dark, leafy greens like kale, spinach, and collards are the absolute best thing you can eat. They are an exceptionally rich source of vitamins and minerals and accommodate the human body's nutritional needs more completely than any other food!
In order to prevent your inflammatory system from being compromised by an overabundance of toxic free radicals in the body, your diet needs to include an adequate dose of antioxidants. Leafy greens dose you with powerful antioxidants like vitamin C, beta-carotene, and lutein that restore healthy cellular function. Among other benefits, this antioxidant surge helps give your skin a radiant glow.
Leafy greens are also highly alkalizing. The pH of your body can fall anywhere from alkaline to neutral to acidic. Ideally, you want to be slightly alkaline. When your body is alkaline, it is impossible for chronic inflammation (a.k.a. the root of all evil) to thrive. As a result, you don't have to worry about your weight- it melts off and stays off.
Another awesome benefit of leafy greens is that they considerably diminish your cravings for junk food!
Not a kale fan? Collards make you cringe? Does eating one or more servings of greens daily sound like torture? Here are some tips for sneaking that chlorophyll into your system...
Eat Your Greens: 5 Simple Life Hacks to Get Them in...
- The best way to maximize nutrient absorption is to drink your greens! Keep your freezer stocked up with frozen raw green juices so you can easily incorporate green juice into your daily routine, grab it and go. Just one per day will make a world of difference to the way you look at feel!
- Salad? Swap out your iceberg or romaine lettuce for chopped kale or spinach. Iceberg lettuce has a fraction of the nutritional benefit to you that darker leafy greens do.
- Use collard green leaves to make wraps instead of tortillas/pitas/bread.
- Finely dice your greens and fold them into your favorite dinner entrees (like quinoa bowls, gluten-free pasta and rice dishes, casseroles, or even as a healthy pizza topping)
- Instead of potato chips, snack on kale chips!
A green juice a day keeps the weight away...
Hi there! I'm Nicole, Raw Generation's resident healthy lifestyle blogger, creative content director, and hardcore herbivore. Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my passion for perpetual self-improvement and plant-based living with you! <3