Is coconut yogurt keto? Yes! Unsweetened coconut products are a great choice to make part of your daily diet on a keto or low-carb diet. Ditch your dairy yogurt for this deliciously superior alternative that's full of probiotics and enzymes to help keep your body happy and in a fat-burning state.
Keto-Friendly Coconut Yogurt
DON'T HAVE TIME? There are lots of great coconut yogurt brands popping up and available at more and more grocery stores.
- 1 can Native Forest Coconut Milk*
- 1/8 tsp. yogurt starter*
- 1/2 tsp. gelatin (or use agar agar if you want to make it vegan/vegetarian)
- Frontier Flavor extracts* to taste - about 3 tsp. (Adjust as per your flavor preference/liking. This brand offers a variety of non-alcoholic flavors including strawberry, banana, coffee, and vanilla. Get creative!)
- Stevia or monk fruit to taste
(ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS CAN BE FOUND ON AMAZON.COM*)
- 1 16 oz. Mason jar with a lid
- 1 cooking thermometer
- Heat coconut milk in a saucepan to 180 degrees F, but do not allow it to boil. Remove from heat.
- ASAP, add gelatin to your hot coconut milk and stir thoroughly.
- Add stevia and flavor extract. Cover your mix and let cool to 95 degrees F.
- Mix in your yogurt starter. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour into a Mason jar. Close your jar with its lid. Let it sit at about 105 degrees for 7-9 hours. There are a few ways to do this. You can use a heating pad, a dehydrator, or a pressure cooker. The longer you let it ferment, the sourer it will be.
- Stir your mix and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours... And enjoy!