This versatile recipe is a simple and delicious way to pair some of the best vegetables for your immune health: kale (alkalizing + detoxifying), fennel (anti-microbial + vitamin C rich), and red bell pepper (the most vitamin C rich pepper!). The addition of fresh herbs amplifies this dish's detoxifying power!
Combine these immune-boosting ingredients to create a satisfying sauté OR egg scramble. It's an ideal meal for before or after a juice cleanse!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- fresh herbs (suggestions: parsley, oregano, dill, basil)
- 2 eggs
To make a sauté:
- Heat oil in a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add fennel, red bell pepper, and garlic; saute until fennel starts to become translucent and garlic begins to brown.
- Add kale and cook for about a minute, until it begins to wilt.
- Season with fresh herbs, add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
To make a scramble:
- Follow steps 1 & 2 above to make a saute.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and add to vegetables.
- Cook until eggs are set, stirring throughout. Finish with fresh herbs then add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.