Make this recipe in large batches at home, store it in a large mason jar (or a few small ones) in the fridge, and take a shot daily.
- 1-inch piece turmeric root (about ½ oz)
- 1-inch piece ginger root (about ½ oz)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. fresh squeezed orange juice (NOT pasteurized OJ from a carton!) ...or instead, try using a splash of our Beauty & Brilliance juice!
- 8 oz. coconut water
- 2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- Optional: 1 oz. maple syrup, raw honey, or agave nectar to taste
- Prepare your turmeric and ginger roots and add to your jar. There are a few options for how to prepare your roots:
- Juice them if you have a juicer at home.
- Roughly chop and blend them with a few tablespoons of water and a splash of lemon juice until frothy, then strain into your mason jar.
- Use ground turmeric and ginger instead.
- Add orange juice, coconut water, lemon juice, and black pepper to your jar (also your maple syrup, honey, or agave if you want to craft a sweeter shot). Put the lid on the jar and shake it well.
- To serve, pour about 2 ounces into a glass and take a shot! Store your mixture in a closed mason jar in the fridge for up to a week and take a shot daily.