“When people tell me ‘You’re going to regret that in the morning’, I sleep in til noon because I’m a problem solver.”
Let’s be honest- you’re no Puritan. Sometimes you’re going to have a cocktail.
You don’t need a lecture. You need a healthy fix. So here’s what to do if and when you gasp awake in need of a remedy...
Healthy Hangover Home Remedies
- RE-HYDRATE! Alcohol depletes liquids from the body. Hydration is pivotal to overcoming the hell that is a hangover and also helps dilute any impurities remaining in your stomach from the night before. Coconut water is a great option for hydration because it is full of electrolytes.
- GO BACK TO SLEEP. Alcohol decreases the quality of your sleep, so you’re probably sleep deprived from the night before.
- Get some LIGHT EXERCISE- no need to “sweat it out” at the gym if you don’t feel up to it. Go for a long, leisurely walk outdoors. Oxygen helps alcohol breakdown faster, so breathing, meditation, and yoga are also helpful.
- Settle your stomach with ginger.
- EAT A BANANA (alcohol depletes potassium).
- EAT ASPARAGUS. Asparagus helps the body break down alcohol.
- Replenish electrolytes and heal your body with refreshing COLD-PRESSED JUICE!
Raw Generation juices that will help cure a hangover:
- Slim & Strong: Beet juice cleanses your liver and helps metabolize all of the sugar in alcohol.
- Beauty & Brilliance: Alcohol depletes your body of vitamin C. Orange juice is packed with vitamin C which reduces inflammation and helps break down alcohol; Ginger reduces nausea and calms digestive distress.
- Heal & Hydrate: Cucumber juice helps soothe digestion and restores hydration to the body in a hurry. Pineapple juice helps reduce swelling and inflammation that alcohol promotes.
- Energy & Endurance or Refresh & Revitalize: Leafy green juice replenishes minerals depleted from drinking.
There’s no universal cure for a hangover because a hangover is, in reality, a combination of multiple ailments. Prevention is key. Hydrate while you dehydrate by alternating booze with water or club soda, and drink at least 8 ounces of water before you fall asleep. Avoid darker, hangover-intensifying drinks like red wine, whiskey, and beer and opt instead for white wine, vodka, or gin.
Stock up on the best hangover prevention & cure!
Hi! I'm Nicole, Raw Generation's resident healthy lifestyle blogger, creative content director, and hardcore herbivore. Thanks for letting me share my passion for perpetual self-improvement and plant-based living with you!