Benefits of Leafy Greens:
- Support healthy weight loss and reduce bloating
- Stop unhealthy junk food cravings in their tracks
- Gain more energy naturally without caffeine
Summer's rapidly approaching and the countdown is on to get in beach body shape...
If you want to lose weight, gain more energy, and maintain good health, it’s essential that you get enough dark leafy greens in your diet!
Green vegetables like kale, spinach, and collards accommodate the human body's nutritional needs more completely than any other food. Ideally, we should all be eating a serving of leafy green vegetables with every meal, but that’s easier said than done.
However, a lack of green nutrition is likely to make your body cling to fat and bog you down with brain fog and fatigue.
Not a kale fan? Collards make you cringe? Does eating one or more servings of greens daily sound like cruel and unusual punishment?
Here are some simple ways to sneak more leafy green nutrition into your system:
- The best way to maximize nutrient absorption is to drink your greens! Keep your freezer stocked up with frozen raw green juices so you can easily incorporate green juice into your daily routine; grab it and go! Just one juice daily can make a world of difference in the way you look and feel.
- Salad? Swap out your iceberg lettuce for chopped kale or spinach. Iceberg lettuce has a fraction of the nutritional benefit to you that darker leafy greens do.
- Use collard green leaves to make wraps instead of tortillas/pitas/bread.
- Instead of potato chips, snack on baked kale chips!
- Finely dice your greens and fold them into your favorite dinner entrees, like quinoa bowls, gluten-free pasta and rice dishes, casseroles, or even as a healthy pizza topping.