Sometimes it’s hard to resist the temptation to partake in a few drinks at the end of a long day or at social functions… but drinking alcohol can totally cripple your weight loss goals.
Why Alcohol Sabotages Weight Loss
- It slows down your metabolism.
- It’s empty calories with zero nutritional value.
- Most mixers are loaded with sugar.
- Drinking increases your appetite and decreases your self-control... the perfect storm for overeating and making poor food choices.
- Alcohol causes depression even after you sober up. This means you’ll have less motivation to eat right and work out.
If you must have a drink (or 3)...
- Drink a fresh green juice before you go out.
- Replace sugary mixers with club soda and fresh lemon or lime.
- Add cold-pressed juice to your fruity cocktails instead of processed juice.
- Try a gluten-free vodka like Tito’s.
- If you are a social butterfly, try limiting your drinking to Friday and Saturday nights.
Check out 5 Ways to Relax Without Alcohol and learn how to chill out without weight gain!