When I decided to start incorporating more raw foods into my lifestyle, one of the first things I created was my Cashew Mayonnaise recipe. Raw cashews, when blended, have a very creamy texture, as opposed to other nuts, and therefore lend themselves perfectly to any type of recipe where you are trying to mimic a dairy-like consistency.
RECIPE: Raw Cashew Mayonnaise
This Cashew Mayonnaise has become a base for MANY of my raw recipes (Raw Collard Wraps, Creamy Ranch Dip & Veggies, Cranberry Cole Slaw to name a few) It is super simple to make, and all you need is a high-speed blender and the ingredients below...
- 1 pound raw cashews
- filtered water to cover cashews in blender, plus a little more
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 2 lemons
- few tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
Simply add all of these ingredients to blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. It can be stored in an airtight container or my favie…a mason jar! It will keep in the fridge for at least a week and can be used for a variety of things.
Some simple variations include:
- Add 1 large red bell pepper to the mixture, along with some cracked black pepper, and you have my Creamy Red Pepper Dip.
- Add 1 large bunch of fresh dill (no stems), cracked black pepper, a dash of onion powder and a little extra lemon, and you have my Creamy Dill Dip.
- Add 2 handfuls fresh strawberries, juice of one orange, cracked black pepper, 2 TB raw honey, and a dash apple cider vinegar, and you have my Creamy Strawberry Dressing (or a nice dip for fruit!)