- 4 purple beets
- 4 yellow beets
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves (finely grated)
- 14 oz goat cheese
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
1. As preparation line a 4"W x 8" L loaf tin with parchment paper.
2. Scrub the beets, then place in a pan or pot, cover beets with water and cook at a medium boil for about 30 to 40 minutes until tender.
3. Set aside to cool, then peel. (Watch out these vegetables are colorful. So I might wear a shirt in which you plan to wear to dinner. Aprons are great too!)
4. In a large bowl mix all the chopped herbs and garlic with the goat cheese. After a tastes test season with salt and pepper.
5. On a cutting board slice the cooked beets into various thicknesses (ranging from 1/8" - 1/16")
6. Put a layer of golden beets along the bottom of the tin, followed by a thin layer of the garlic and herb goats cheese mix.
7. Create 1 layer of beets and then 1 layer of cheese to create 12 total layers of cheese and beets!
8. Pull the parchment paper over to cover the entire terrine.
9. Place a weight on top of the tin and leave in the fridge overnight or for 8 hours to set.
10. 8 hours later...
11. Cover the terrine with a plate and turn upside down. Slice and serve or refrigerate until needed.