MYTH: Juice cleansing is just a quick-fix and your results totally won’t last.
Not so! But... it is possible to end up right back where you started if you go right back to unhealthy habits. The power is in your hands!
Whether you’ve just finished a juice cleanse or are contemplating if it’s worth embarking on one, here’s how to continue your weight loss, keep your energy up, and feel great long after your cleanse is complete… without depriving yourself of food!
Tips to Avoid the Post-Cleanse Spiral:
7. Don’t deprive yourself. When you’re hungry, stop and eat- or grab a cold-pressed juice! Eat dessert if you want, too. There are plenty of satisfying sweets and comfort foods that won’t sabotage your waistline. In need of inspiration? Check out the easy plant-based recipes including desserts in our FREE Skinny Eats E-book.
8. When dining out, order vegetables with everything. If you order a salad, skip the creamy dressings and opt for vinaigrette or just simple oil and vinegar. Ask for substitutions. Most restaurants understand dietary restrictions so speak up (i.e. skip the butter and request olive oil instead).
9. Imbibing? Try to maintain a one drink maximum, and as soon as you get home, drink a tall glass of water or a hydrating raw juice.
10. Develop a morning routine. This includes waking up at the same time every day. Before you do anything else, drink a tall glass of warm water with lemon and/or raw apple cider vinegar. Better still- before your morning lemon water, drink a highly detoxifying Celery Juice! Avoid grain-based breakfasts, which can cause a mid-morning crash (cereal, waffles, toast, etc.). Instead, eat high protein foods for stable all-day energy such as a green juice, plant-based protein smoothie, organic eggs, or a breakfast quinoa bowl. And if possible, expose yourself to bright, natural light. This will help you feel more energized and lift your mood which sets you up for success in maintaining your weight loss!11. Maintain your stress levels. Exercise and meditate regularly to lower stress and cortisol levels; keeping cortisol (the stress hormone) in check helps support healthy weight loss.
14. Don’t set lofty goals. Set systems in place! In order to manifest lasting change, you have to create healthy habits that make sense for your lifestyle and fit into your schedule, then repeat them daily until they become second nature. Consistency is key!